"Compliance Week did an extraordinary job putting our partners in a room with Fortune 250 compliance officers and general counsels."
Pictured above at the September 2013 anti-corruption compliance forums: David Foster of Kraft Foods and Abbott CECO Kate Collins.
Also attending: Ann Marie Wick of Johnson Controls. At right is David Tulbert of Assurant.
—Practice Development Director, Top Five Global Law Firm
Every year, Compliance Week hosts a number of intimate "off-the-record" Editorial Roundtables.
These unique invitation-only events are designed to foster the sharing of ideas with a small group of compliance and risk leaders in a forum that is relaxed and informal.
Hosted by Compliance Week editor-in-chief Matt Kelly and attended by a Compliance Week reporter and photographer, the Roundtables are covered in a subsequent edition of Compliance Week. This ensures that all Compliance Week readers can benefit from the "thought leadership" generated at the event.
Typically, the Roundtables include eight to 12 corporate financial or legal officers from public companies, depending on the topic. The event is designed so the attendees can compare and contrast their efforts, and contribute recommendations and insights based on their experiences.
The Roundtables are capped off with a cocktail reception that includes a larger group of Compliance Week subscribers.
Click on the following links for more information on the following Editorial Roundtables:
- Sept. 17 & 18, 2013: Building an Effective Anti-Corruption Compliance Program, co-hosted by Kroll and held at the Intercontinental Hotel in Chicago and the Cincinnatian Hotel in Ohio, respectively, these events featured executives from Toyota, Kraft Foods, Motorola, Morningstar, Navistar, United Airlines, OfficeMax, Procter & Gamble, Johnson Controls, and more.
- July 23, 2013: Cultivating Compliance and Ethics Leadership, co-hosted by Boeing and held at the Ritz-Carlton Marina del Rey, this event featured executives from DIRECTV, Easton-Bell Sports, 21 Century Fox, 99 Cent Only Stories, and others.
- June 18 & 20, 2013: Identifying and Reducing Third-Party Risks, co-hosted by NAVEX Global and held in Amsterdam and London, these events featured executives from Shell Oil, Pearson, Innovation Group, EasyJet, Carlson Wagonlit Travel, The Global Fund, Hasbro, Royal Philips, Viacom, and others.
- April 16, 2013: The Benefits and Risks of BYOD, co-hosted by Crowe Horwath and held at the Peninsula Hotel in Chicago, this event featured compliance and audit executives from leading companies such as Exelon, Kraft Foods, RR Donnelly, Regal Beloit, and others.
- March 19, 2013: Managing Privacy Risks in a Mobile World, co-hosted by TRUSTe and held at the Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel, Boston, this event featured compliance and audit executives from leading companies such as First Marblehead, Harvard University, Edison Mission Energy, the Mentor Network, and others.