IBM Presents Two On-Demand Webcasts
The Basel III Burden on Profitability: Lightening the Load for Banks
Basel III will fundamentally affect the profit-generation capacity of the banking industry through demands for more stringent liquidity and leverage requirements, more advanced risk analytics, and more regulatory capital. Under Basel III, firms can reduce their regulatory capital requirements and boost their profitability by investing in smarter risk-management approaches that qualify for new regulatory incentives. Now more than ever, banks have a business case to invest in risk management that offers more relevant risk insights, more integrated and reliable systems, and many more competitive advantages.
In this Webcast, our panel will discuss how banks are adapting their risk-management strategies in response to Basel III and what the biggest opportunities are for banks to focus on.
- Alyson Bailey-Flynn, Director in Global Analytics and Financial Engineering, Global Banking and Markets, Scotiabank
- Dr. Mario Onorato, Senior Director, Balance Sheet and Capital Management, IBM
- Peyman Mestchian, Managing Partner, Chartis Research
Workflow Governance and Reporting: Insights Into Addressing the Challenges of Solvency II Pillars 2 and 3 from leading European insurers
In a recent white paper, IBM Algorithmics discussed with some of Europe's leading insurers how they are addressing the key challenges and issues associated with Pillars 2 and 3. In this Webcast we discuss this important topic with some of the paper's contributors about the key lessons to be learnt from their practical experience.
- Stuart Carroll, With Profits Finance Director, Legal & General
- Emmanuel Noblet, Chief Operating Officer, SecondFloor
- Curt Burmeister, Head of Buy Side Products, Risk Analytics, IBM