Protiviti, a global consulting firm, has released the Protiviti Governance Portal for Third-Party Anti-Corruption, enabling companies to develop and manage a risk-based, third-party anti-corruption program that supports compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other anti-corruption laws.
The Governance Portal for Third-Party Anti-Corruption v4.1 is a new module of the Protiviti Governance Portal, a GRC platform that helps organizations efficiently support multiple GRC activities. With the new module, companies can manage corruption risk across their third-party ecosystem from a single, centralized platform. Protiviti also provides consulting services to support anti-corruption programs with anti-corruption strategy, due diligence and remediation activities.
“For large companies, the most common source of FCPA violations comes from third parties acting on their behalf,” said Scott Moritz, managing director and global lead of Protiviti's Investigations and Fraud Risk Management practice and former FBI special agent. “Acknowledging the unique risks these ‘intermediaries' present and having a well-conceived policy to combat them simply aren't enough.:
"To fully operationalize an anti-corruption program, organizations must have the technology and content to manage the underlying processes and align them with their internal controls and audit programs,” Moritz added.
The Protiviti Governance Portal for Third-Party Anti-Corruption enables companies to:
- Create a centralized repository for all program data and activity;
- Gather responses to third-party anti-corruption questionnaires prior to contract approval;
- Establish a risk-scoring model that aligns with the company's overall anti-corruption policy and create scorecards for its vendors and business partners;
- Identify third parties with heightened risk, allowing organizations to allocate resources on a risk basis for additional investigation and follow-up;
- Manage overall workflow, investigative cases and approvals;
- Maintain a complete audit trail of activities; and
- Continuously monitor third parties against watch lists.
Protiviti will conduct a complimentary Webinar to explore effective third-party anti-corruption programs on July 15 at 10:00 a.m. PDT. The 60-minute webinar is eligible for CPE credit and will feature Protiviti's Moritz and guest speaker Chris McClean, principal analyst and research director with Forrester Research. Please register at: http://bit.ly/1ozqenp.