Are you in compliance?

Don't miss out! Sign up today for our weekly newsletters and stay abreast of important GRC-related information and news.


Status message

Start your free, no obligation 5-day trial to continue exploring with full access.

2011 Shareholder Meeting Trends: Less Elaborate, Shorter Duration

Reese Darragh | August 31, 2011

A recent report from BNY Mellon Shareowner Services shows that shareholder meetings in the last proxy season are getting shorter and less elaborate, a trend it first noticed in 2010.

Based on its observations from 500 client meetings in the last season, the firm found more than 94 percent of their clients held their shareholder meetings in company offices, with almost 60 percent of them offering no refreshments or serving just beverages. In 2010, only 53 percent of their clients held meetings in their offices.

The durations of meetings have also been trimmed this year. 72 percent of meetings held were less than one hour, while the other 28 percent were concluded in two hours or less. At the same time, the firm saw shareholders attendance in those meetings continue to decline. 47 percent of companies...

Read this single article for $49, or click the subscribe button below to review subscription options.

Enjoy unlimited access to thousands of articles, browse five years of digital magazines, qualify for reduced admission to events, and more.