This webcast aired on December 17, 2020.
CPE Credit(s): 1
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) went into effect on January 1, 2020, and is currently the most comprehensive consumer data privacy law in the United States. Corporate compliance officers and legal counsel have watched the development of the landmark legislation closely over the past year because of its impact on Silicon Valley, as well as the rest of the world. Additional changes to the legislation were proposed on the November 2020 ballot under Proposition 24.
- This webcast will examine the development and enforcement of the CCPA over the past 12 months, including:
- The enforcement of the CCPA by the California Attorney General
- The class action lawsuits brought under the law’s private right of action
- The proposed changes under Proposition 24 of the November ballot
- The impact of the CCPA beyond California
- What is next for data privacy legislation in the U.S.
Debbie Reynolds, “the Data Diva,” Founder, CEO, and Chief Data Privacy Officer - Debbie Reynolds Consulting, LLC
Beth Winters, Attorney and Solutions Marketing Manager - Aparavi