This webcast aired on September 2, 2021.
CPE Credit(s): 1
Ransomware continues to dominate headlines with no sign of slowing down. What started more than 30 years ago has become one of the most prevalent and lucrative cyberattacks that does not discriminate by company size, industry, or geography. With the growth of the digital ecosystem, ransomware can target organizations not only through their own weakness but through the third parties they work with as demonstrated in recent attacks on software providers, managed security providers, and credit agencies
CyberGRX brings a revolutionary approach to third-party cyber risk management and the threats third parties pose, including ransomware. Powered by the world’s first and largest Exchange of third-party cyber assessments, we present a unique, data-centered view on what has quickly become one of the biggest cyber threats facing organizations today.
Join CyberGRX Product Director Courtney Cohen to learn more about the effects of ransomware on our digital ecosystem through the lens of third-party risk. In this webinar, we’ll cover:
- How ransomware targeted at third parties is on the rise
- The evolution of ransomware into extortionware
- How shared responsibility plays a role in third-party cyber risk management
- What controls are commonly exploited in a ransomware attack
- Common ways to mitigate ransomware and extortionware
Courtney Cohen, Director of Product - CyberGRX