This webcast aired on December 22, 2020.
CPE Credit(s): 1
The invalidation of the EU-US Privacy Shield has many US companies wondering if they will ever be able to take possession of EU data again. To satisfy EU data privacy concerns, US companies need to adopt security/privacy technologies and processes that allow them to retain more direct control of their data when utilizing third-party cloud solutions to transfer data.
Join us on Tuesday, December 22nd when Jodi Daniels, Founder, Red Clover Advisors and Bill Tolson, VP of eDiscovery and Compliance, Archive360, discuss the main issues surrounding the dismantling of EU-US Privacy Shield agreement and what it means for personal data transfers between the EU and US.
In this webinar we address:
- The reasons behind the Privacy Shield invalidation
- How the passage of the 2018 US Cloud Act affected the Privacy Shield decision
- Current options and contingencies including Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs)
- The future of SCCs as a data transfer mechanism
- Practical steps including existing technologies, processes and procedures to ensure lawful data transfers
Jodi Daniels, Founder & CEO - Red Clover Advisors
Bill Tolson, Vice President of Global Compliance - Archive 360
No comments yet