The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the former Data Protection Directive to harmonize data protection laws across 28 EU member states. This regulation, effective in May 2018, impacts how you manage, govern, and secure your EU citizen data, regardless of where your organization resides. But there's opportunity as well.
Join David Kemp, Hewlett Packard Enterprise EMEA Specialist Consultant and former corporate banker in-house counsel & compliance officer, as he discusses the seven key questions you need to consider for compliance to GDPR, and the opportunity it presents to clean house.
- What is my readiness status?
- Where is the information and sensitive PII that will fall under these regulations?
- How can I cost-effectively respond to legal matters requiring information under my management?
- How can I best ensure sensitive data is protected, stored and backed up securely?
- How can I identify information for disposition, in accordance with the “right to be forgotten?”
- Can I report a breach within the timeline required by the EU data protection regulation?
- How can I reduce my overall risk profile?
David Kemp, EMEA Specialist Consultant, Hewlett Packard Enterprise