This webcast aired on March 12, 2019.
CPE Credit(s): 1
Just this year, countries that consist of 50% of the world’s GDP are considering or enforcing stricter data regulations. Fines from 2 to 4% of a company’s global annual revenue to criminal sanctions are available under the GDPR and in emerging jurisdictions such as Asia and Latin America. In the United States, the CCPA, and look-alike bills in state legislatures threaten a patchwork of comprehensive laws that are unworkable. Meanwhile, Congress is considering federal privacy legislation that may preempt state law. All of these legal trends will be ignored at your peril.
It’s no longer optional to protect your customer’s trust, and your customer’s ability to trust you with their data is a key competitive differentiator.
To put you one step ahead of the curve, join Compliance Week for a webinar featuring privacy experts Reed Freeman, Daniel Wu, Nicole Ewart, and Lydia Lichlyter from WilmerHale and Immuta respectively.
During this webinar, you will:
- Learn seven legal trends to give you a framework to interpret and prioritize existing and new data regulations
- Hear about three tools that will help you protect your customer’s data - and trust - by embedding it into the very design of your data operations
- Walk away with steps you can take to help ensure your big data and machine learning programs become assets, not the PR nightmares of Facebook and Equifax
- Daniel Wu, Privacy Counsel & Legal Engineer - Immuta
- Reed Freeman, Partner & Co-Chair of Cybersecurity, Privacy, and Communications Practice Group - WilmerHale
- Nicole Ewart, Counsel, Cybersecurity & Privacy Practice - WilmerHale
- Lydia Lichlyter, Associate, Cybersecurity & Privacy Practice - WilmerHale