FTI Consulting announced the expansion of its Information Governance, Privacy and Security (IGP&S) practice and launch of its Data Protection Officer (DPO) Service solution within the firm’s Technology segment. The practice has increased its bench of experts and is delivering additional solutions to navigate today’s complex privacy risk matrix and help companies satisfy regulatory requirements.
A wide range of data protection laws around the globe are establishing complicated and expansive private rights of action, granting consumers and employees the ability to sue companies for damages. To meet these challenges, company stakeholders and shareholders are determining how to preserve the value of their data repositories, continue business activity, and reconcile strategy and operations with regulatory obligations.
FTI Consulting provides a range of privacy services, including:
- Privacy Managed Services: Ongoing support and services including DPO services, crisis management, on-call breach support, and operational and management support.
- Program Development: Depending upon the client’s need, services can include strategy development, program implementation, and transformation.
- Regulatory Assessments and Process Development: For companies that need to better understand their regulatory risk, these services can include regulatory gap assessments, policy drafting, compliance process implementation, and regulatory affairs support for GDPR, HIPAA, CaCPA, and more.
- Privacy Tech Enablement: As companies grow increasingly reliant upon digital automation, the IGP&S team of data privacy experts can implement “privacy engineering” best practices to ensure technology environments adhere to data privacy requirements.
- Privacy Risk Management: Data privacy experts can conduct quantitative privacy and information security risk analysis, including emerging, third-party and operational risk, as well as control testing and control tuning.
- Deal Support: Ensure that privacy due diligence is conducted as part of M&A activities and post-acquisition integration.
- Industry-Specific Solutions: Technology, ad-tech/media, telecom, financial services, healthcare, and life sciences subject-matter experts can address nuanced, industry-specific data privacy challenges.
In addition to expanding its range of solutions, the firm has bolstered its IGP&S team with 15 new consultants in the last 18 months. The firm’s newly launched DPO Service offering gives companies a simple mechanism to meet crucial regulatory requirements by providing expert knowledge of data protection law and practices; properly monitoring the company’s regulatory compliance and data privacy risk, training staff, conducting assessments, maintaining processing records, conducting audits; and liaising with supervisory authorities.