E2open, a supply chain software solutions provider, announced on July 2 the completion of its previously disclosed acquisition of Amber Road.
The combination of E2open and Amber Road brings together two complementary platforms to create a premier global trade management network solution, enhancing customers’ ability to operate their entire end-to-end supply chains from one place in the cloud.
Specifically, the transaction will provide the following enhancements and solutions to E2open’s existing platform:
- Rich trade content and information services to improve sourcing decisions and lower costs;
- Integrated trade management solutions to automate import and export processes;
- Extensive duty deferral and free trade agreement management solutions to improve margins;
- China trade management solutions to automate unique compliance requirements for General and Processing Trade;
- Multi-mode global logistics management solutions to reduce cycle times and transportation costs; and
- Comprehensive sourcing solutions for brands in the apparel and footwear industries.
Amber Road’s capabilities will be integrated with E2open’s platform of intelligent applications for logistics and trade management. With the addition of Amber Road’s solutions, E2open’s customers will have the ability to connect, streamline, and operate all aspects of global sourcing, manufacturing, logistics, distribution, trade, and compliance.
Amber Road customers will have access to E2open’s portfolio of intelligent applications, powered by an ecosystem of more than 100,000 trading partners from around the world:
- Channel Shaping – manage omni-channel marketing and operations.
- Demand Sensing – help reduce forecast errors by 30 to 40 percent and make informed demand predictions based on real-time data from across your network.
- Business Planning – bring together all supply chain data and plan end-to-end operations with unified business planning suite.
- Collaborative Manufacturing – enable complete visibility into all tiers of outsourced manufacturing spanning lot production to order, quality, and logistics processes.
- Supply Management – orchestrate the supplier network for direct material procurement processes, visibility, and collaboration across all tiers of supply.
KeyBanc Capital Markets acted as exclusive financial advisor to Amber Road. Dentons U.S. acted as Amber Road’s legal counsel. Credit Suisse and Lazard served as financial advisors to E2open, and Willkie Farr & Gallagher served as legal counsel.