(Editor’s note: If you are registered for today’s conference, you should have received a link in an email with instructions on how to access our virtual event. If you did not receive that, please reach out to our delegate sales manager, Donna O’Neill.)
After 14 years of hosting a live national conference in Washington, D.C., Compliance Week is going virtual for its 15th anniversary.
Not by choice, of course. We know you’d much prefer to be gathering at the Mayflower Hotel in the heart of our nation’s capital on Monday (9 a.m. ET-2 p.m. ET) and Tuesday (9 a.m. ET-1 p.m. ET). We would, too. The coronavirus pandemic has made that impossible, but it’s also made this virtual gathering perhaps the most important one we’ve ever had.
Never has sticking to your values, speaking truth to power, and demonstrating ethical leadership in a time of crisis been so critical. Your companies need you now more than ever.
The trouble is, you’re also in need of direction. These are unprecedented times, and we certainly aren’t getting consistent leadership from our government. There’s more federal stimulus money flowing through the economy now than even during the Great Recession—and with very little guidance on how it should be spent. The onus, then, is on you as a compliance community to make sure your companies behave in a way that’s consistent with your values. It’s up to you to make sure no shortcuts are taken on the path back to profitability.
Attend our Virtual Conference
Consider attending our Virtual Conference, May 18-19, where you can participate in one of 15 sessions to not only earn continuing education credit, but learn best practices on how to navigate your company through these unprecedented times. There are discounted tickets available if you reach out to our delegate sales manager, Donna O’Neill.
How will you do it? There’s no playbook for things like this. There’s no playbook for how we safely get back to work. And that’s why this Virtual Conference is so critical. It’s your opportunity to listen to what your fellow ethical leaders and compliance practitioners have to say, how they’re handling the recovery from this crisis, the roadblocks and red flags they’re looking out for, and the plans they’re making to ensure compliance doesn’t get left behind in an effort to rocket back to normalcy.
We’re all in this together and can learn from each other.
As we as a collective society get back to business, companies will be under unrelenting pressure to return to profitability. And it’s when times are worst that shortcuts get taken. It’s up to you to make sure that doesn’t happen.
We know you’ve put in long hours, long days, intense days, to adjust to this new normal. It’s been more than 8 weeks, but it seems like just yesterday we were all leaving the office and not knowing when we would be back.
Your companies need you to be honest, transparent, relentless, empathetic, inspirational purveyors of truth and to guide them on the right path to recovery. Hopefully, you will come away from these two days of our Virtual Conference with some ideas on exactly how to do that. Our opening keynote Monday morning in particular—former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power—is guaranteed to leave you inspired.
If you’ve already registered, I look forward to seeing you online. And even if you can’t make the live sessions, they will all be archived for you to access at a later time (we understand not everyone has an entire morning free). If you haven’t signed up yet, there’s still time. And there are discounted tickets available if you reach out to our delegate sales manager, Donna O’Neill.
As former FBI Director James Comey will tell you in an exclusive short clip that will air Tuesday morning, you are the people who have devoted your lives to getting it right. You are the people who understand that leaders always tell the truth.
That’s what will get your businesses through this crisis. We hope to help you along the way. See you soon.
- Fireside Chat with Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power – 9-10 a.m. ET
- The CCO & CSR: The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Your Compliance Program – 10-10:50 a.m. ET
- Whistleblower Protection 2020: Global Trends and Perspectives – 10-10:50 a.m. ET
- Risk Management in the Age of COVID-19 – 11-11:50 a.m. ET
- Charting a Path through Chaos: Ethics and Compliance in the COVID-19 Crisis – 11-11:50 a.m. ET
- Innovations in AI – noon-12:50 p.m. ET
- So You Think You Know Who They Are? Vendor Due Diligence Master Class – noon-12:50 p.m. ET
- Reconstructing Your Supply Chain & Reimagining Risk – 1-2 p.m. ET
- Fireside Chat with Peter Anderson, Carnival Corp. Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer – 9-10 a.m. ET (featuring a brief message from former FBI Director James Comey)
- Influencing Culture Through Effective Training – 10-10:50 a.m. ET
- Profiles in Innovation – 10-10:50 a.m. ET
- Inside the Mind of the CCO: Lessons from a Pandemic – 11-11:50 a.m. ET
- The Front Line of Business: Compliance Teams are Essential Workers – 11-11:50 a.m. ET
- Cyber-security Concerns of the C-Level – noon-12:50 p.m.
- Social Media and Compliance: Balancing Risk and Opportunity – noon-12:50 p.m.